- Tuesday | September 22, 2015
- 11:15 am - 1:15 am
- Los Robles Greens 299 S Moorpark Rd Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
- Homeowner / Board Member Members Fee: $36Manager Member Fee: $36Business Partner Members Fee: $47Homeowner / Board Member Non- Members Fee: $46Manager Non-Member Fee: $46Business Partner Non-Members Fee: $57
- Are board member email discussions off limits? What constitutes an emergency? Can vendor issues be discussed?
- How to handle the board member who refuses to stop doing board business by email.
- How to respond to inappropriate emails, mass emails from homeowners and web postings.
- Is board member voting by email allowed? What about taking the vote of the owners via an online service?
- Can Association documents and required disclosures be distributed using new technology?
- What are the legal risks and pitfalls of using NextDoor, chat rooms, social media and more?
- And learn the best methods to effectively communicate with your owners.
Karen Kokowicz, CCAM, CMCA, PCAM, Coro Community Management & Consulting
Karen Kokowicz is CEO & Owner of Coro Community Management & Consulting, a full service management company exclusively dedicated to the management of community associations. Karen has worked in the industry for more than 25 years and has the Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) designation, CAI’s Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM) designation and the CCAM certification.
David C. Swedelson, Esq., SwedelsonGottlieb
David Swedelson is partner in the law firm of SwedelsonGottlieb that limits its practice and specializes in the representation of California community associations. Since beginning his practice of law in 1978, David Swedelson has represented hundreds of community associations in both litigation and as legal counsel, providing legal advice regarding association and board member responsibilities, maintenance and repair obligations, disclosure obligations, interpretation and enforcement of governing documents, and California Civil and Corporations Code sections applicable to community associations and assessment collection.
American Heritage Landscape
Animal & Insect Pest Management, Inc.
Association Lien Services
Benjamin Moore & Co.
Cornwall Security Services
Critter Busters Inc.
EmpireWorks Reconstruction & Painting
Fernald Law Group LLP
McKay’s Painting & Wood Replacement
Pacific Western Bank
Premier Commercial Painting
Santa Barbara Painting
MANAGER TABLE SPONSOR:
Beaumont Gitlin Tashjian