- Tuesday | November 12, 2019
- 11:30 am - 1:15 pm
- Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara 1111 E. Cabrillo Blvd. Santa Barbara, CA
- Homeowner / Board Member Members Fee: $25Homeowner / Board Member Non- Members Fee: $45Community Manager Members Fee: $25Community Manager Non- Members Fee: $45Business Partner Members Fee: $55Business Partner Non-Members Fee: $74
ALL THINGS ARCHITECTURAL – Exploring solutions to real life architectural review issues.
- Hey! How come the board approved hardwood flooring in another unit just like mine but denied my request?
- Besides being nosy, what role do neighbors play in the architectural review process?
- Change Happens! How to deal with unapproved changes
- Staying out of court: Encouraging boards to make good faith board decisions vs. random and unreasonable decisions
- Watch your p’s and q’s when it comes to appeals; there is a process you need to follow
- Good News: the new Balcony inspection law isn’t as bad as you thought!
- Yes, ADUs (accessory dwelling units) are now a possibility in some of your HOA’s
Sean Allen, Esq., Roseman Law, APC
Sean D. Allen is a partner with the law firm of Roseman Law and is the head of the firm’s HOA department. Having exclusively represented homeowners associations and other common interest developments for several years, he has broad experience with issues and disputes that impact community associations. Sean is an active member of CAI and its California Legislative Action Committee (CLAC) for Channel Islands and Los Angeles Chapters, and serves on the Education Committee for the Orange County Chapter.
Kelton Lee Gibson, Esq., Myers, Widders, Gibson, Jones & Feingold, LLP
Mr. Gibson has practiced law for over 40 years and focuses his practice in the areas of construction defect litigation, community association law, real estate and civil litigation. He has an AV peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney can receive and is an active member of CAI-Channel Islands Chapter.
EmpireWorks Reconstruction & Painting
General Pavement Management
Pacific Western Bank
Steve Reich Insurance Agency, Inc.
PLEASE NOTE –
Special Meal Request: If you have a special meal request or food allergies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Reservations cancelled after 5:00 pm on Friday, November 8, 2019 cannot be refunded. Any no-show registrant will be charged for his/her reservation.
Photo/Video Release: By registering for and/or attending any CAI-Channel Islands Chapter event, you are understanding that publicity photographs and/or videos may be taken and are giving permission that photos and/or videos containing your likeness may be used. Questions, please contact the chapter office at 805-658-1438.
Our “No Suitcasing” Policy:
If you are not a sponsoring (exhibiting) business partner:
DO meet people, network with homeowners and managers and give your business card when requested.
Please do not distribute marketing materials or promotional items of any kind, distribute unsolicited business cards, flyers or brochures, or stand at an exhibit space where you may distract from networking opportunities for that particular sponsor.
These rules are designed to enhance the benefit of sponsorship to those business partners who support this event and to ensure a pleasant and rewarding experience to all attendees. If you are interested in sponsoring a future chapter event, contact the office is 805-658-1438.