- Tuesday | January 29, 2019
- 11:30 am - 1:15 pm
- Los Robles Greens 299 S. Moorpark Road Thousand Oaks, CA
- Homeowner / Board Member Members Fee: $36Homeowner / Board Member Non- Members Fee: $46Community Manager Members Fee: $36Community Manager Non- Members Fee: $46Business Partner Members Fee: $47Business Partner Non-Members Fee: $67
Keeping Our Communities Safe –
This program will address the legal and practical aspects of addressing safety concerns in community associations.
- Steps to take if drugs, abuse or suspicion of criminal activity is a concern… When to call the Police.
- Vandalism in the common area – What can a community do?
- Homeless – The fine line of homeless rights and HOA liability
- Do residents in an HOA have a right to expect the association to keep them safe? And does the association have an obligation to keep their residents safe?
- Benefits and liabilities for neighborhood watch programs
- Tips for keeping your community safe.
Donalea Bauer, CMCA, Lordon Management
Donalea Bauer has been actively involved in the community management industry for almost 40 years. She started at Lordon Management in 1976 working her way up to her current title of Vice President. Lordon provides professional management services to over 200 community associations throughout southern California. She holds certifications through CACM and CAI, serves on CAI-Channel Islands Luncheon Programs Committee and also has her real estate license.
Sr. Deputy Juan Cordova, Ventura County Sheriff’s Office
Sr. Deputy Juan Cordova is a 25 year veteran of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office. He has worked several assignments: Jail deputy and supervisor, court bailiff, patrol deputy, property crime investigator, school resource officer, traffic investigations, graffiti investigations, field training officer, and other specialized assignments. Deputy Cordova is currently assigned as the Thousand Oaks Police Department’s Vulnerable Population Officer position, working as a liaison with the Thousand Oaks’ homeless population.
Kelly Richardson, Esq., CCAL, Richardson Ober PC
Kelly G. Richardson, Esq. is a Fellow of the College of Community Association Lawyers, Senior Partner of Richardson Ober PC, and former President of CAI.
Adams Stirling PLC
All Valley Alarm
Aqua Creations Inc.
Archon Protection, Inc.
ASR Property Restoration
Cobalt Security Services, Inc.
Cornwall Security Services
General Pavement Management
Mariposa Landscapes Inc.
McKay’s Painting & Wood Replacement
Oakridge Landscape Inc.
Pacific Western Bank
Showscapes / Treescapes
Suncrest Pool & Spa Service
Tinnelly Law Group
PLEASE NOTE –
Special Meal Request: If you have a special meal request or food allergies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Reservations cancelled after 5:00 pm on Thursday, January 24, 2019 cannot be refunded. Any no-show registrant will be charged for his/her reservation.
Photo/Video Release: By registering for and/or attending any CAI-Channel Islands Chapter event, you are understanding that publicity photographs and/or videos may be taken and are giving permission that photos and/or videos containing your likeness may be used. Questions, please contact the chapter office at 805-658-1438.
Our “No Suitcasing” Policy:
If you are not a sponsoring (exhibiting) business partner:
DO meet people, network with homeowners and managers and give your business card when requested.
DON’T distribute marketing materials or promotional items of any kind, distribute unsolicited business cards, flyers or brochures, or stand at an exhibit spaces where you may distract from networking opportunities for that particular sponsor.
These Rules are designed to enhance the benefit of sponsorship to those business partners who support this event and to ensure a pleasant and rewarding experience to all attendees. If you are interested in sponsoring a future chapter event, contact the office is 805-658-1438.